Write your thesis with us
by Chris MzN
You: A postgraduate or PhD candidate at a university wishing to research pertinent issues in the area of international development and aid and/or management and business studies.
Us: A social enterprise who believes that development and aid should be done better and with clients and partners who work worldwide to do so. We partner with research institutions and universities worldwide producing helpful insights for the Dev/Aid industry to make aid and aid factors more efficient and effective.
If you, like us, think that the Sustainable Development Goals are vital to our generation, and if you are happy to work hard to produce lessons, insight and knowledge in doing good better, then we would love to hear from you. MzN International delivers professional services to UN, NGOs and governmental agencies. We work across themes, connecting knowledge, capacity and great ideas.
You will find MzN International a fully digital, entrepreneurial and flexible space, where you can establish a professional home. We also frequently hire from our researchers’ alumni.
What you can do
Too often good research is caught in the ivory tower. We bring excellent research, writing and insight generation out into the practice field. We host researchers at our offices or remotely to produce leading insight that is helpful to development and aid professionals.
You are free to suggest any research topic you like. Areas of interest to us in the past have included:
- The role of beneficiaries in aid – from recipient to aid driver.
- Managing globally disperse teams in aid.
- Gender equality in the dev-aid industry.
- Digitalisation in the dev-aid Industry.
- Management and restructuring aid organisations.
- Corporate social responsibility and good corporate citizenship.
- Impact investment.
How to partner with us
Instead of doing your research holed up in relative isolation, we give talented thinkers and writers direct access to our network at nearly all development and aid organisations in the world. We also provide a host of e-infrastructure to aid you in your quest (surveys, webinars hosting, travel support).
Applicants who would like to write their postgraduate thesis or PhD dissertation within our network are required to:
- Produce a valuable knowledge piece every quarter for publication on our website and press release platform, providing a constant stream of insight derived from your work.
- Join the monthly online meetings from anywhere in the world.
- Provide weekly status updates of your work.
- Sign a confidentiality and value-adherence statement.
- Be pro-active communicators and be punctual, professional and friendly.
We provide thinkers and writers with access to our network. A regular one to two hour meeting with senior consultants or our founder to discuss the practice and inform your research. We also provide a full suite of e-tools (surveys, online subscriptions to databases, cloud storage, team comms, travel booking) for your research, including laptops, mobiles and other IT required.
You are also welcome to work in our Hamburg office, although this is not a requirement. If you choose to do so, we will pay for an unlimited public transport ticket in Hamburg and after six months provide a bike for private use (returnable) and a gym membership.
September 12, 2020
August 31, 2020
September 10, 2020