Interim Grant Manager
MzN International is a non-profit, social business providing short- and long term technical assistance non-governmental organizations. Our core skills are delivering capacity enhancement and interim management services in the area of financial and grant management.
Due to increased demand, we are currently seeking Grants Managers to act as interim managers/directors or consultants to our NGO clients worldwide.
Candidates who successfully completed their first assignment will be invited to join the Expert team of MzN | International. Experts benefit from a constant flow of interim and consultancy assignments worldwide, with the opportunity to choose dates and assignment locations. MzN | International Development Experts also benefit from a comprehensive learning and development framework as well as other fringe benefits.
Whilst on their first assignment, MzN | International will manage all administrative duties and provide regular professional guidance. The NGO client will usually provide accommodation, travel and essential insurances.
Responsibilities of the Grant Manager:
- Monitor the project budget for proper accountability of program expenditure and disbursements against appropriate budgets. Facilitate monthly internal budget tracking/programming and exchange of budgetary information among staff.
- Ensure all sub-grant transactions are allowable and compliant to the grant terms and conditions.
- Retrospectively clean up expenditure items and re-design financial reports in relationship to the grant.
- Provide leadership, oversight and management to the clients Grants Department in respect to the grants you work on by supervising the project’s field site-based grants specialists, ensuring grant activities conform with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as its Grants Manual.
- Communicate and coordinate with sub-grantees on a daily basis to ensure compliance with the award agreements, ensure mandatory reporting, and be the donors lead for all other administrative or financial aspects of the sub-awards.
- Interpret, communicate and enforce the donors policies and procedures.
- Provide capacity building by way of technical assistance trainings on financial management and compliance to local sub-grantees and the NGO’s staff, as needed.
- Create training tools and develop modules to help build capacity for sub-awardees, using input from the donors’ rules and regulations and the NGO clients’ policies and procedures.
- Maintain accounting systems and procedures that enable prompt and accurate processing of accounting transactions, including monthly budget to actual comparison and grant associated payroll expenditure to, following sound accounting principles.
- Play a key role in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly cash flow projections and analysis in collaboration with key program staff and sub-awardees.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or commerce, or a closely related subject, with a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of proven experience in a senior level finance and/or grants position in an international NGO.
- CPA or CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly preferred
- Experience in working with projects funded by ECHO and DFID.
- Experience in directly managing a portfolio of sub-awards is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international accounting standards and ECHO’s and DFID’s donor reporting guidelines and relevant regulations.
- Experience working with accounting software packages, such as QuickBooks and/or SUN.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, Power point).
- Ability to travel into hardship locations and maintain professional work ethics and efficiencies under stress and limitation on personal comfort.
What we offer:
MzN | International offers a unique career path for NGO professionals who wish to benefit from an constant stream of available work assignments but like to choose the timing and location by themselves.
We offer above-market remuneration for self-employed NGO professionals as well as excellent learning & development opportunities.
Due to the imminent start date of some assignments, we may offer positions to candidates before the deadline date. We regret that due to the volume of application we can only contact successful applicants.
Want to join us? Then please apply here