MzN International Internship Program
Interested in working in the development and aid sector? Driven to make sustainable, positive change? Do you have a critical, strategic mindset prepared to offer innovative solutions to the inefficiencies within the industry?
At MzN International we are convinced that Doing Good can be done Better. Efficiency and innovation are core values of our work. We work across the world with all major NGOs, UN-agencies and (inter)governmental agencies, offering original and innovative solutions in the form of training and consulting services to improve organisations’ overall efficiencies. Our areas of training extend across a wide array of topics, from business development and proposal writing to non-profit financial management.
Why intern with us?
We are keen to involve outstanding students who share our values and are critical thinkers with inspiring, new ideas on international development and aid. We therefore offer recent graduates and students the opportunity to not only work within the humanitarian and development sector, but in an area fairly unique of its kind. With MzN International you will be a part of the industry seeking to tackle the inefficiencies and problems within many development and aid organisations, and you will have the opportunity to put forward your personal ideas to initiate such changes.
What does the internship entail?
The internship will be a minimum of 3 and maximum of 8 months, at our office in Gross-Enzersdorf near Vienna, Austria or internationally. Our office environment is ever-evolving due to our organisation’s high growth rate and fast-paced culture. As such, interns will take on a wide variety of roles, and will have the opportunity to focus on those areas that appeal to them most and that best suit their interests/strengths. Some of the tasks that our interns are involved include the following:
- Improvement and enhancement of current training programmes and materials
- Creation and development of new training programmes.
- Involvement in the realm of business development, including but not limited to large-scale outreach initiatives and project analyses.
- Continuous work on MzN International’s online presence, including the website, newsletters, online training materials and social media platforms.
- Analysis, interpretation and creative display of participant feedback received through training courses.
- Various logistical tasks related to the coordination and execution of our global training programmes.
- Interns are also welcomed to put to use their critical and strategic thinking skills, and should this lead to the development of an idea for a novel project or task, they are encouraged to pursue it.
The tasks the interns will do depend largely on what the intern seeks to gain from the internship. We aim to tailor the position as much as possible to interns’ individual needs and career goals, recognizing that internships are a learning opportunity and that each individual has different strengths to offer, as well as different goals to pursue. That being said, our interns are given a lot of responsibility, trust and independence in the tasks we give them.
Who are we looking for?
- Anyone undertaking – or recently graduated from – a BA or MA degree in a development, economics, business, or international relations.
- Students (or recent graduates) able to commit to a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 8 months.
- International mind-sets – no two people in our office are from the same country, and we encourage individuals of all nationalities to apply!
- Must be fluent in English, French is advantage.
- High performers with an analytical mind and a social conscience.
- People with a passion for making positive change, in particular to the humanitarian and development sector.
Please check our vacancies page to apply for internships when they are advertised.