As development practitioners we aim to ‘make a difference’ in people’s lives, and Impact Evaluation provides us with the evidence for this. Showing our contribution to development can strengthen our relationship with donors, improve development outcomes and help to influence development policy. This 3-day course provides development practitioners with the necessary methodology and practical knowledge to meet the growing demand for evaluating the impact of development projects and programmes. Developing a Theory of Change and critically reflecting on how social change happens will be central elements throughout the course.
|LENGTH||3 Days in Class + Online Learning|
|DATES||15/05/2017 - 17/05/2017|
|TIME||9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|COSTS||Standard Fee - EUR 900 |
Early Booking - EUR 770
Group Booking - EUR 700 p/p
|BOOKING DEADLINE||1st May 2017|
What will you learn?
- How to differentiate between impact evaluation and impact assessment, and the principles and practices of each
- You critically reflect on the latest thinking around Theory of Change
- You will design an impact evaluation of a development project
- You will learn cutting-edge qualitative methods and tools for impact evaluation
The Learning Process
This course will be delivered by Lisa Ringhofer. Lisa has over 15 years of experience in development cooperation and research. She holds an M.A. in Development Studies, an MBA and a PhD in Sociology/Social Ecology. Lisa has implemented and evaluated development programmes and projects in several countries with a focus on Southern Africa and Latin America. She designed, conducted and led evaluations in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French. She loves trying out new evaluation designs, methods and approaches and believes in participatory evaluation approaches and grassroots-based impact assessment tools.
- All courses are delivered by senior experts with at least 10 years practical experience in resource mobilisation
- Our classes incorporate multiple methods of engagement, including seminar lectures, class discussions, practical exercises and case studies, to fully engage you, giving you the tools to replicate the knowledge you gain, in your job.
- On-going learning and development is supported through our e-learning portal, included in every MzN course
Terms & Conditions
- To ensure the quality of the course, places are strictly limited to 25 attendees. Courses are often oversubscribed and we recommend early booking to avoid disappointment.
- Your place is only guaranteed once full payment has been received. Organisations can pay by direct transfer, credit cards or secure online transaction via PayPal.
How Good is Our Training Really?
"“This was absolutely empowering! I know new concepts and how to apply them through the practical exercises we did.” - Celine Bankumuhari, Oxfam GB HECA"
""92% of participants would recommend MzN Training courses to others""
For groups of 4 or more, please contact email@example.com to receive the Group Booking Discount
Bookings are closed for this event.