The Context Humanitarian Skills Development Programme offers a dynamic and comprehensive approach to capacity-building in humanitarian response. In Bangladesh, MzN International delivers the Context programme as part of a larger initiative to improve the quality of humanitarian response in the country. The programme is based on the Core Humanitarian Competencies Framework and promotes universal humanitarian standards and best practice, tailored to the specific local context of Bangladesh. Context participants are equipped with the skills they need to deliver disaster response in a safe, efficient, professional manner that benefits the communities they work in.
Designed for Bangladesh-based humanitarian professionals, the Management & Leadership Skills programme focuses on the advanced leadership skills needed to manage a functional team and resources, in delivering effective humanitarian response
This programme introduces the key concepts and skills of humanitarian response, developing the capacity of junior level staff to deliver effective response.
|LENGTH||9 Months: 2 workshops + 3 coaching sessions + online learning|
|DATES||01/01/2017 - 30/09/2017|
|TIME||9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|COSTS||Please see below the programme Cost Scheme|
|BOOKING DEADLINE||17 December 2016|
|DETAILED PROGRAMME DATES||Programme start: January 1, 2017|
|Workshop 1: Jan 29-Feb 1, 2017|
|Workshop 2: May, 2017|
|Programme End: End September, 2017|
|Participation in the programme is free of charge. Nonetheless, organisations nominating staff to the programme are expected to make a contribution to the costs of their staff participating in the programme based on the following categories:||Category||Travel costs||Contribution to Programme Costs|
|Small national NGOs and government||Participants will cover the travel costs to and from the training location||Limited number of stipends available, based on eligibility criteria|
|INGOs, UN and large national NGOs||Participants will cover the travel costs to and from the training location||USD 250 contribution to cover the accommodation costs (Bed and Breakfast for workshop 1 and workshop 2, each 4 nights). This is to be paid through MzN International upon registration for the programme to ensure smooth logistical arrangements.|
For more details, please download our Invitation to Apply. This can be also used to share information about the programme with your colleagues.
Context is an initiative of the Start Network, and falls under Start Build’s Talent Development Programme.
The Context Programme is offered in coordination with:
The Learning Process
The Management and Leadership Skills programme takes participants through a 9-month learning journey, challenging them through largely self-directed study and learning–by-doing.
Over the course of the programme, participants receive ongoing support and feedback. MzN International’s unique training methodology combines a number of learning approaches and methods to provide participants with an excellent learning experience.
- All courses are delivered by senior experts with at least 10 years practical experience in humanitarian response
- Our courses incorporate multiple methods of engagement, including seminar lectures, class discussions, practical group exercises and case studies to fully engage you, giving you the tools to replicate the knowledge you gain, in your job.
- On-going learning and development is supported through our e-learning portal, included in every MzN course
Term & Conditions
- To ensure the quality of the programme, places are strictly limited to 25 participants. The programme fills quickly. We, therefore, recommend applying early to avoid disappointment.
- Your place is only guaranteed once full payment has been received. Programme fees can be paid by direct transfer, credit card, or secure online transaction via PayPal.
How Good is Our Training Really?
"Motivating. Influencing. Interactive – Faruk Hossain, BRAC"
"Brilliant. Well-articulated. Effective – Abdullah al Razwan, BBC Media Action"